If You’re a Dog…Stay Away From the Sago!

sago-palm.jpg

Vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, depression, seizures and liver failure–not exactly the kinds of symptoms you’d expect to be caused by a common houseplant–but if your dog happens to take a bite out of a Sago palm (ALL parts of the plant are poisonous to animals), bad, bad things will happen.

According to the Animal Poison Control Center, 50-75 percent of Sago palm poisonings in animals are fatal.

In other words, if you’ve got a Sago palm hanging out in your house, give it away to your non-pet-having friend, or put it really, really high up.

  • You already voted!
  • Read More

Get Unlimited Free Access

Join 20,000 other readers who rate their headlines through us