Cindy: Dog Boutique Employee
Wednesday marked the first day of my new job as an associate at Lexi Dog Boutique, the pet boutique have raved about a few times now. In just three hours’ time, I learned more about dog treats, collars, tags, toys, (plus more!) than I have learned in the past year. Obviously, I am here to impart my newfound knowledge:Did you know that:
1) Rawhide is actually really bad for dogs??? It’s excessively processed and may be damaging to doggies’ stomachs. A good alternative is to look for chew items made from real tendons.
2) Kongs are not dishwasher safe, but the Everlasting Treat Ball is the same basic concept as the Kong, but with a better shape for dogs’ enjoyment…and machine washable!
3) You can actually custom order pet beds and choose from swatches of fabric to match your furniture. Wow.
4) Planet Dog, the dog toy company that made the Orbee-Tuff RecycleBone, always uses recyclable products to make their toys, just started a foundation to promote dog adoption and shelters, and features rescued dogs on all of their packaging. Yay!
5) Kids think dog boutiques are toy stores (and parents treat them so as well). On my first day, a kid threw a GIGANTIC tantrum, and screamed and cried her way out of the store. It was fantastic…fantastically awkward.
So there you go! Just imagine how much more wisdom I’ll have to impart once I get a few more hours under my belt….