Top 10 Dog Foods For Your Pooch!
1. Orijen Dog Food. The Orijen Brand consistently ranks high on consumer’s lists of favorites. Orijen is a premium dry dog food that contains no grains, so it works well for dogs that have grain sensitivities. It contains 70 percent meats and 30 percent fresh fruits and vegetables.
2.California Natural Dog Food. The California Natural line of dog foods is considered hypoallergenic, containing no soy, wheat, corn or gluten. This works well for dogs with allergies or sensitivities. It is a “single source” dog food, containing only one protein, one fat and one carbohydrate. Natura Pet, which produces several other high-quality dog foods, is the parent company of California Natural.
3. Innova Dog Food. Innova is also a part of the Natura Pet line of products. Their ingredients are all high quality, human grade, natural and organic. The foods contain meats, vegetables and fish, with the proteins always being at the top of the ingredient list. Vitamins, minerals, fish oils and probiotics are added for health value.
4. Evo Dog Food. Another in the Natura Pet line, Evo is considered a good alternative for those desiring to feed a raw food diet but lacking the time to do so. Low-fat and reduced carbohydrate choices are included for special needs dogs. Evo uses human grade foods. The product contains added vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. High protein content, up to 53 percent, provides for a nutrient-dense dog food.
5. Nutro Dog Food. Nutro, including their “Natural Choice” line, is a premium dog food containing no fillers or synthetic preservatives. All-natural ingredients are used, with proteins high on the list. Vitamin E is added after the cooking process to retain nutritional value.
6. Canidae Dog food. Canidae is a canned food containing four human-grade proteins and other whole foods. It does contain a higher amount of grains than others so may not be suitable for dogs with grain sensitivity.
7. Merrick Dog Food. Merrick dog food contains high-quality, human-grade ingredients. This food is additive-free and contains no artificial preservatives, by-products or hormones. Ingredients are sourced from the United States.
8. Solid Gold Dog Food. Solid Gold uses no fillers, chemical preservatives or by-products in their foods. It contains no soy, wheat or corn to aggravate allergies. They add no animal fats. Human-grade ingredients are used and it is hormone- and antibiotic-free. Some of the names within their family of brands include: Barking at the Moon, Hund-n-Flocken and Wolf Cub.
9. Wellness Dog Food. Wellness dog food uses filtered water in their manufacturing process. The food contains three main proteins, always at the top of the list. Probiotics are added after the cooking process to aid in digestion.
10. Dick Van Patten Natural Balance Dog Food. Natural Balance uses only human-grade ingredients. Their meat is all USDA approved and other ingredients are domestically grown. The food contains no soy, corn, wheat, fillers or by-products. Vitamins, minerals and fatty acids are added. A vegetarian dog food is included in their family of products.