AAA Names Top Vehicles For Dogs
The American Automobile Association (AAA) has come up with a list of the top vehicle picks for dog owners based on factors such as crash test ratings, safety features, fuel economy, ease of animal ingress and egress, cargo area size, availability of tie-down hooks and easy-to-clean interiors.
Here’s the list!
* BMW 3 Series Wagon (Luxury)
* Volvo XC60 (Luxury)
* Subaru Forester (Active Lifestyle)
* Hyundai Santa Fe (Active Lifestyle)
* Honda Element (Kids, Dogs & Everything Else)
* Toyota Venza (Kids, Dogs & Everything Else)
* Mazda3 5-Door (Efficient & Fun)
* Mini Clubman (Efficient & Fun)
* Ford Escape Hybrid (Green)
* Kia Soul (Economical)
* Nissan Cube (Economical)
Some cool stuff about the Honda Element: A cushioned pet bed in the cargo area with an elevated platform; second row and cargo area pet restraint systems and an expendable cargo area load-in ramp.
The Toyota Venza sports some fancy waterproof seat covers, an adjustable harness/booster seat pet restraint system, an adjustable pet barrier and a dog tether to keep canines from jumping into the passenger area.