Dog Recovering After Being Burned In Microwave

A Chihuahua-terrier mix underwent surgery Monday after being badly burned when a 4-year-old child placed the 2½-pound dog in a microwave earlier this year.

Hopalong & Second Chance Animal Rescue became involved with the case last week after receiving the dog from a Santa Clara County public animal shelter.

The dog was just 4 weeks old in January when he was placed in a microwave for about 15 seconds by the child. The pet was surrendered to the shelter a short time later.

It’s unknown as to why the child put the dog in the microwave.

The dog’s anus and colon were severely damaged, and doctors had to do skin and muscle reconstruction surgery to alleviate the pain.

Hopalong is asking for $12,000 in donations to help cover the cost of a pre-surgery assessment, the actual surgery, and to help fund a school-based, animal safety and education program for elementary, middle and high school students, which will include a component linked to the microwave incident

To donate, go online to www.hopalong.org.

Source: mercurynews.com

  • You already voted!
  • Read More