Three Dogs Die After Eating Poisoned Meatballs

On February 19, a woman in Spokane, Wash. reported to local authorities that, after she let her dogs outside, saw one of the dogs eating something off the ground. She called her dog away from what was later identified as meatballs. The dog died after being taken to a local emergency vet clinic.

Two other dogs were reported dead by another pet owner in the same neighborhood on the same day.

Test results from Washington State University indicated that the meatballs were laced with strychnine, which was most likely from gopher bait or a gopher control pesticide. The gopher bait product was mixed with the meat and then cooked

The Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Service is investigating the poisonings.


  • You already voted!
  • Read More