Reflecting on a year with Beary
We celebrated Beary Whiteâ€™s second birthday by giving him a strawberry Pup-Pie decorated with dried fruit, nut and veggie toppings. Mike and I both tried it (hey, why not?) and those little cake slices are not bad. We also bought him an extra pricey duck, which he eagerly beheaded in less than a week. (Why do the most expensive toys not hold up?) Bearâ€™s birthday causes me to reflect on this last year, and all that has happened in his world.
- Bearyâ€™s parents (thatâ€™s Mike and I) are getting married. Yippee! October 17 to be exact. Mr. Bear patiently waits for his â€œw-a-l-kâ€ as we stuff envelopes, choose wedding songs and sample favors.
- He poses for pictures in his black bow tie, which heâ€™ll sport on our wedding day.
- Beary has never really barked, but this last year, he seems to be startled by strangers and loud noises. He hates the vacuum!
- Unlike Bearyâ€™s first year, he has refrained from eating my heels and flip-flops.
- Beary learned to deal with another important 2-year-old in my life â€“ my niece Zoe, who loves to smother him with hugs and kisses, not to mention honking his nose.
- He has become best buddies with my parentâ€™s bichon frise Molly. They seem to thoroughly enjoy peeing contests on their walks together.
- Lastly, Beary has become more of a cuddlebug than ever before, sleeping as close to me as he possibly can.
Hereâ€™s to looking at Bearyâ€™s next year with hopes for adventure, fun and hmmmâ€¦ what about babies? Ha! Just kidding Mike!