10 Questions to Ask Your Vet
With the start of a new year, it’s a great time to make the resolution to take better care of your dog. What better way to kick things off then making a visit to your local veterinarian–seriously, it’s not as painful as it sounds (hey, at least the vet won’t be sticking YOU in the rear with a thermometer). Here, in no particular order, are 10 important questions to ask your veterinarian:
- 1. What vaccinations should my animal have?
- 2. When should I have my dog tested for heartworm and start him/her on a heartworm preventative?
- What kind of flea/tick prevention program do you recommend?
- If I have an emergency, how can I reach you?
- What type of food is best? How often & how much should I feed?
- Can I call your office if I have questions about my animal’s health or behavior?
- What kind of teeth and nail care can I do at home?
- Are there any common diseases and/or condition particular to my dogÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s breed that I should know about?
- Is my dog currently at a healthy weight?
- When will she need another veterinary visit/exam?